Issues with Selling Electronic Goods on Amazon

Hi everyone,
I am looking to sell electronic goods on Amazon USA, however I have heard there can be several problems with:

1. certification (I believe FCC and ROHS certifications are the important ones for the US market)
  2. Defective units

I am wondering if there is anyone who is successfully selling electronic goods on Amazon at the moment, and if you can please share any pitfalls you have encountered thus far (and any tips too! :smile: .

Thanks,
Darren

I personally avoid electric units. While I know people who sell them successfully, I also have a friend who was selling a charger that caught fire in someone’s home. That’s the kind of liability I just don’t want to have, so unless you really know what you’re doing, I’d avoid anything that plugs into a wall.

Now, you could still sell products that require a battery, but you still have the issue of quality. Aside from getting the proper certifications, it’s really about having the capital and risk tolerance to take the chance or spend the money on thoroughly testing units before they ship from China since it’s hard to judge quality based on a simple visual inspection.

Hi Darren,

Asia Quality Inspection (AQI) Service Co., Ltd as a professional quality control service company in China specialized to provide a complete range of sourcing and quality inspection service for importers, buyers, retailers and sellers.

Our service includes:
PPI-Pre-Production Inspection,
FAI-First Article Inspection,
DPI-During Production Inspection,
PSI-Pre-Shipment Inspection,
DSS-Defect Sorting Service,
CLS-Container Loading Supervision,
Supplier Investigation,
Factory Audit(FA),
Social Audit(SA)
Production Monitoring,
Lab Testing,
Engineering Service,
Mockup/Prototype Service,
Customized Repacking Service
Sourcing Service.

Welcome to visit us @aqiservice.com or email us by info@aqiservice.com for any questions. We also can be reached by below info:

Phone: 0086 769 88762006
Whatsapp: +86 13712727900