What is Multi-Channel Fulfillment
A Multi-Channel Fulfillment Order allows you to ship FBA inventory to anyone (subject to Amazon shipping policies) without them having to place an order. The merchant pays all costs associated with the order. This can be helpful in several cases, such as:
- Replacing a product for a customer at no charge
- Shipping an order that did not originate from Amazon (like eBay or a separate website)
- Shipping a free product for someone to review
Information on fees for Multi-Channel Fulfillment Orders can be found here:
How to Set Up a Multi-Channel Fulfillment Order
You can access the order form directly here:
Alternatively, you can follow these steps:
- Go to your Manage Inventory or Manage FBA Inventory page and check the box to the left of the product(s) you would like to ship.
- If you scroll back up to the top of the page, you should see a drop down box allowing you to take action on the selected orders. Select Create Fulfillment Order
- You will be brought to an order form where you can fill out all the details and complete the order process.
- Some services like Shopify and Shipstation can integrate directly with your FBA inventory, making it easy to ship orders that originated off of Amazon.
- For an additional fee, you can choose to have the shipment not look like it’s coming from Amazon. The order will Be shipped in a brand neutral (non-Amazon branded) box and have your company information show on the packing slip. You can read more about this here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=201101040
Here is a direct link to the Amazon help page on Multi-Channel Fulfillment in general:
This post is part of the Ultimate Wiki Project